Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 4,901 to 4,920 of 5,095

Croctopus

SpringFest is finally blooming! The Sneak Peek starts the 12th with the Main Event from the 19th through 21st. The theme is Baby Chicks vs. Li'l Bunnies vs. Bear Cubs. The Splatoon idols will wear special outfits after all. When first announcing SpringFest, Nintendo was just saving that for later.

SIGH. I'm torn. I want to align with my chick Shiver as usual, especially for a special Splatfest like this one, but I also want to join Team Bear for Mr. Grizz. I have one week to decide...

The SpringFest gear is also out now!

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Deep Cut Fan
Team Bucket List: Die for Frye

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

FancyJehuty

@vio Sorry to hear that, I wish you a good recovery! I'd advise getting advice from a doctor if you haven't yet, and following it diligently: there's no point getting hurt for the sake of a hobby.

FancyJehuty

OctolingKing13

GOOOOOOOO TEAM BEAR CUB MAKE MR GRIZZ (and lil Judd) proud!!! and big man!
and HOPEFULLY the blue cheater, shiver doesn’t win again. big man forever 🩵

Edited on by OctolingKing13

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

CaleBoi25

Springfest gear article is available in the News tab

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Grumblevolcano

New QR code banner, this time it’s for the Splatoon 3 World Championship (the tournament that was delayed to April from January).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

Wow, that's 13 pieces of gear from the Switch News article for Springfest. That's the most we've ever gotten from a news article. However, it is just 4 sunglasses and then 9 pairs of shoes, and half the shoes don't seem springfest themed (dumb?). I only like two of the shoes.

The springfest banner is proper springfest themed though<3.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

card-crunch78

Flashback to March 24, when I saw an "Off the Hook" concert for the first time.

Untitled

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

CaleBoi25

@WoomyNNYes The dear is Deep Cut themed this time, mostly.

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Croctopus

I'll choose Bear Cubs. It's NOT for Big Man. It's for Mr. Grizz and Grizzco. I love Salmon Run, so how could I not choose cubs? I liked teddy bears when I was a kid. I believe it'll be the favorite to win, too. Grizzco is the biggest reason, but teal ink also seems more unique. Green ink teams have almost all lost with the exception of Nessie a year ago. I'll always love Shiver, but being a simp has gotten dull. The time will come again when Shiver has a winning team I truly believe in!

Now watch Baby Chicks win, and I'll be kicking myself like when Hug lost badly to Handshake in a Shiver upset...

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

OctolingKing13

I’m so excited for Springfest! Goooo bear cubs! But also I’ve been using The Octo Shot has a main weapon and I actually really love it. Triple Inkstrike is the best.
@Croctopus YES! abandon shiver and join King Big Man!

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Croctopus

@OctolingKing13 No, I’ll always love Lady Shiver! It’s just more enjoyable and refreshing to not make this so much about the characters anymore.

Not even the game does that. Splatoon 3’s Splatcast dialogue isn’t as spicy as it was in 2. I remember when Pearl used to win Splatfest a lot in 2. I’ll never forget when Marina flipped out when Pearl was making yet another silly, little victory rap. “OMG. SHUT UP ALREADY, PEARL.” And that was when she just lost three in a row. Clearly, Nintendo toned it down in the next game. Can you imagine if they hadn’t? Shiver would’ve been openly gloating about winning Splatfest most of the time and Frye complaining about losing would practically be a running gag of the show. It would’ve been entertaining, but it’d ruin the Splatfest mood.

So now that I’m choosing Bear Cubs, I must wear the Teddy Band instead of pinhole shades. I can wear those after Spring Fest, especially the Deep-Cut-themed yellow ones. My shoes might be the Trifecta Hi-Tops or the Octoleet Boots once I earn those very soon. I don’t mind at all that most of the new gear isn’t necessarily Spring-themed. The Hi-Tops are my favorite. They remind me of a purple Croctopus!

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

WoomyNNYes

Mystery rotation with grizzco weapons peppered in this weekend on the newest SR map. (battle arena)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Croctopus

I now have the full Octoleet outfit after securing the boots last night. It didn't take all season after all thanks to the last Big Run. This complete with the Octo Shot Replica makes me feel so fresh! I'll see if I can ever get SUPERFRESH with it, but I would love for this to be one of my Freshest Fits.

It's been fun playing a lot of Salmon Run over the past month, but for now on, I'll mostly play other modes and just come back to make money and play Big Run. There might still be a few more rewards in the future, but after getting the gold Bonerattle Arena badge and every reward that interests me, I think I'm pretty much done with SR now.

EDIT: Meh, forget about the stupid, little flag. I'm SUPERFRESH with it regardless.

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

MarioVillager92

I'm leaning towards Bear Cubs for the SpringFest. I have a soft spot for teddy bears... I actually have one! Also, just like @Croctopus, I'll be wearing the Teddy Band since I have it in the game.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

CaleBoi25

All right guys... today's the day. Splatoon 1 is closing an 8~ hours. Get in your last games if you can!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

OctolingKing13

gotta go buy a Wii U so I can play splatoon one for the first time! (jk)

I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Croctopus

Well, well... just as I forsake the SUPERFRESH flag, I get it after winning seven in a row. I'll work on getting the four star badge next. I'll think about taking the LONG road to getting the five star badge for it, even though I thought I lost interest in doing that again. The Octo Shot would be worthy enough for me to reconsider!

Thinking about the end of Splatoon 1, I'd love to see Saltspray Rig and Urchin Underpass, but I just don't know. We only got Marlin Airport this time. There's room for only one more on the stage menu for recons. If they brought back one more, it would likely be the recurring classic Moray Towers.

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

Grumblevolcano

Oh, I looked back at Splatoon 2 The Shoal and the stage list was 2 complete pages (random and 23 stages) so Splatoon 3 Sizzle Season is probably just 1 stage. For some reason I thought Splatoon 2 had an incomplete page.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic